Forum

Author Topic: Internal error building mesh  (Read 2685 times)

pdurdin

• View Profile
Internal error building mesh
« on: March 13, 2019, 01:35:04 PM »
I'm running Metashape 1.5.1, having upgraded from Photoscan 1.3.5. I loaded up one of my previous projects and tried to build the mesh based on the depth maps rather than the dense point cloud.

However, all I got was the attached error. No explanation of what happened, or how far it had got when it encountered this issue (I didn't sit watching it). I've previously completed this project on the same PC, without issues, building from the dense cloud.

Any ideas?

I'm running Win10 64 bit, i5 with 16GB RAM, GTX 970 (usage enabled in Metashape).

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Internal error building mesh
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 05:07:14 PM »
Hello pdurdin,

Can you also provide a copy of the Console pane output related to the failed operation?

According to the error id it seems to be related to the RAM, so it is recommended to run intense multithreading checks via Memtest86 utility.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 05:12:34 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

pdurdin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 11:47:58 AM »
Sorry, I didn't save a copy of the console output. When I have time I'll try running it again and get that data as well (unless it's saved somewhere automatically?).

I haven't had any other issues with RAM, but I'll look into running memtest86 at some point too, just to make sure.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 12:15:21 PM »
Hello pdurdin,

You can enable writing the log to file via General preferences tab.

When checking RAM, make sure that you are running multithreaded test.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

pdurdin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 06:16:13 PM »
Well, I ran the multithreaded memory test overnight and it came up with no errors.

Today I tried building the model again, with the log enabled, but it didn't run into any errors...typical ::)