Forum

Author Topic: Alignment Failure  (Read 4622 times)

whidbeyislander

• View Profile
Alignment Failure
« on: March 23, 2019, 03:37:22 AM »
Newbie here.  I know this question has been asked before but the answers I have found are not working for me.  I have a chunk of about 500 photos and after initial alignment I have about 15 that failed to align.  So I go into workspace and find the failed ones, right click and then select realign.  It worked for a few of them about I still have these 10 or so that just won't align.  I have run the whole batch again but still have those same ones coming up as problems.  New suggestions?  Thanks...

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Alignment Failure
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 03:20:20 PM »
Hello whidbeyislander,

Do you see considerable number of tie points for the not aligned cameras with other images via View Matches dialog?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

whidbeyislander

• View Profile
Re: Alignment Failure
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 05:24:10 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, Alexey. 

I am trying to attach some screenshots but they won't go through.  However, from what I see in view matches, the unaligned images are either poorly tied (low numbers) OR are tied to other unaligned images.  What is a good target number of tie points?  More than 10?  More than 25? 50+?

I decided to go ahead and generate a dense cloud, created a DEM and then an ortho and I don't seen any major errors but I am curious if those 10 or so photos being unaligned will result in poor accuracy of the ortho and/or model.

Thoughts on how to get those images aligned?

Thanks again