Forum

Author Topic: Exporting Georeferenced Images w/o Orthorectification  (Read 2173 times)

pwhitman

• View Profile
Exporting Georeferenced Images w/o Orthorectification
« on: March 25, 2019, 09:29:16 AM »
Howdy,

I'm using Agisoft Photoscan Pro v1.4.4 to process a series of scanned analog aerial images. While I don't have camera position information at my disposal, I do have ground control points. I've been able to run through the normal workflow involving alignment, ground control points, DEMs, and orthophoto/mosaic generation without any issues.

I would like to be able to output projected/georeferenced (first order transformation) versions of the original images after they have been aligned and marked with GCPs but before they have been orthorectified. Essentially, I'd like to effectively georeference multiple images at once without orthorectification.

I'm wondering if this is as simple as creating my own "dummy" DEM outside of Photoscan that contains no relief, importing that DEM into Photoscan, and then running the orthomosaic function. Any thoughts or suggestions of more optimal ways of doing this?

Cheers
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 10:32:09 PM by pwhitman »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting Georeferenced Images w/o Orthorectification
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 01:09:30 PM »
Hello pwhitman,

You can import external DEM and use it as a source for the orthomosaic generation, however, it wouldn't skip orthorectification stage.

Do you think, if a script that generates the World files for the source images, containing georeferencing and rotation info would be helpful for your needs?

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

pwhitman

• View Profile
Re: Exporting Georeferenced Images w/o Orthorectification
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 10:40:30 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I don't need to skip the orthorectification step per say, I just want to avoid the stretching/warping that occurs during orthorectification. I'm wondering if using a DEM without relief might allow me to avoid that stretching/warping.

A script that generates the World files for the source image, containing georeferencing and rotation info would be very helpful.

Thanks!