Forum

Author Topic: Strange behaviour when using manual markers for alignment  (Read 1985 times)

jinjamu

• View Profile
Strange behaviour when using manual markers for alignment
« on: March 24, 2019, 04:15:54 PM »
Hi

I'm working on quite a large model of an underwater shipwreck.  Because of the depth and limited time we have to shoot, I've had to combine photos from three separate dives into one model, and alignment has proved quite challenging.  The best result so far has come from combining all the photos (some 1.8k 24 or 36 MPixel photos) in one single alignment process (as opposed to working in chunks), but a number of photos did not align.  So I've tried using markers to force alignment between aligned and non-aligned photos, with mixed success. 

The strangest thing however, which I would like to ask about, happened following an alignment process which gave me a decent result but left a few photos out of alignment, when I selected the unaligned photos and did a "right-click...align selected cameras", I just got a "ball of cameras". 

I'm attaching screen grabs showing before and after.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

jinjamu

• View Profile
Re: Strange behaviour when using manual markers for alignment
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 09:30:04 AM »
A friend has advised me that according to him, this problem was introduced from version 1.4, when the feature to incrementally add photos to a model was added in the software.  Not sure if anyone has any different views on this?
Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 02:03:05 PM »
Hello jinjamu,

Is it possible that there are some cameras that are considerably away from the main alignment and therefore the default view point is significantly away from the cameras?

Also since you are using markers, are there any coordinates input for them and how accurately the  markers' projection are defined on the source photos?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jinjamu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 01:08:20 AM »
Hi Alexey

All cameras are quite close to one another (in the correct position) when I look at the camera overlay.  I tried to define the markers as well as possible in the photographs, zooming in on each one to check.  No coordinates have been input because given this is an underwater wreck and no coordinate measurement is possible (assuming I understand your question).

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 12:12:28 PM »
Hello jinjamu,

Can you then please re-save the project in PSZ format (Save As option in File menu and then select "Metashape Archive" file format) and send it to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jinjamu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 11:41:31 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I'm transferring the file via wetransfer due to the size

Best regards

DriesS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 01:04:39 PM »
Have you tried resetting the coordinate system?