Forum

Author Topic: KMZ ground location is not accurate when imported to Google earth plss help me  (Read 3442 times)

aceproject

• View Profile
Im using DJI Mavic pro with DJI Ground station to take pictures and scan the area.. when i exported my orthomosaic output to KMZ and import it to Google earth.. the overlay KMZ is not accurate with GOOGLE EARTH.. admin or other expert pls help

Dave Martin

• View Profile
Aceproject,
You need to give more information. You say 'not accurate'. Is it out by centimetres? metres? kilometres? wrong continent / mid-ocean?     Is it 'wrong' in all directions? or is it just too high or too low?  How is your model referenced? Did you use GCPs?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello aceproject,

I agree with Dave, some additional information would be helpful. Maybe you can provide the screenshot from the Google Earth that demonstrates the inaccurate positioning? Also the processing report from the project can give some insight on the issue.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

aceproject

• View Profile
thanks for the quick response admin.. Im using DJI Ground Station Pro to do the mapping.. as for my workflow.. I just import the folder where my image from DJI - align photos - build dense. I noticed the generated data is kinda distorted. I will upload photos.. thanks.

aceproject

• View Profile
I didn't use GCP and let the DJI Ground Station Pro geotag data to process it. Did I miss something? is there a workaround? please help im still a newbie.. thanks for understanding.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello aceproject,

Can you provide a report from the project file saved via File Menu -> Generate Report option?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

aceproject

• View Profile
thanks for helping me out i cant upload the whole report due to file limitation.. i will split it to upload

aceproject

• View Profile
additional report data

stihl

• View Profile
You will need to use the optimization tool to refine the camera calibration parameters. As currently there are significant lens distortions which affect your products.

TXPE

• View Profile
Is that camera considered a fisheye camera?  If so, would need to select that in camera calibration for camera type.

aceproject

• View Profile
no im using standard camera of mavic pro.