Forum

Author Topic: Volume measurement above mesh as a reference level  (Read 2062 times)

jansawicki

• View Profile
Volume measurement above mesh as a reference level
« on: July 24, 2019, 11:54:08 AM »
Hello,
I do a lot of volume measurements in Agisoft Metashape. In some cases, I don't like the way it computes the volume above the reference plane (mean level, best fit plane, custom level). On steep slopes, I believe the volume should be calculated above a TIN mesh generated from the surroundings of the measured material, similary as CloudCompare volume measurement works. Right now to achieve this, I need to export some of the data to CloudCompare, which takes a lot of time for me - I think this method can be easily implemented directly in Metashape.

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Volume measurement above mesh as a reference level
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 12:52:26 PM »
Hello jansawicki,

In latest version of Metashape the DEM difference calculation is supported, so you can cut the mesh model, generate the DEM from it (or even import external DEM) and use Transform DEM option to generate the difference DEM for the overlapping area.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

sven_a

• View Profile
Re: Volume measurement above mesh as a reference level
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 02:43:00 PM »
+1. This would be a great addition when object of interest for which you want to calculate the volume is surrounded by for example a wall on one side. :)