Forum

Author Topic: New mesh generation stuck on "Initializing histogram" step  (Read 2405 times)

jnb

• View Profile
New mesh generation stuck on "Initializing histogram" step
« on: April 08, 2019, 06:16:57 PM »
Hello,

Working on a small project, the new mesh generation method has failed two times, stuck on an "Initializing histogram" step. I had to killed Metashape for the whole application was unresponsive (hit the pause button did nothing).
On the first attempt I waited 6 hours, not so much on the second one (about one hour).

You can find the console log attached, as well as a report from nvidia configuration panel.

Thank you for your help.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: New mesh generation stuck on "Initializing histogram" step
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:07:26 PM »
Hello jnb,

The problems could be induced by the memory issues. Have you recently extended the amount of RAM with additional modules?

In case you have time for testing, I could suggest to run Memtest86 checks in multithreaded mode (nee to hit F2 when the test is loading). Additional check power supply and cooling settings, as it may also have effect on the system stability.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jnb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 06:52:23 PM »
Hello Alexey,

No, no change in the hardware at all.
Right now I don't have the time to run Memtest, but I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

Voltage, fans speed, temperature, everything is fine. The only change I can think of is the installed version of nvidia drivers. I have updated them today, and I'll try to run the new mesh generation again when I'm done with the current project.

Others ressources demanding tasks perform well (depth maps, dense cloud)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 07:37:13 PM »
Hello jnb,

OK, we'll try to check it on a similar configuration and see, if we could reproduce the problem with Initializing Histograms.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC