Forum

Author Topic: Images appear black with inability to change brightness  (Read 1239 times)

cavaka01

• View Profile
Images appear black with inability to change brightness
« on: April 18, 2019, 02:24:43 AM »
Hi all,

I use a MicaSense RedEdge sensor, convert the values to reflectance in Matlab, and then load the tiffs into Photoscan (32bit floating point values). While this worked on the older version of Photoscan, I just updated to the most recent version, and all of my images appear completely black when imported. I have tried changing the brightness and setting a raster transform within Photoscan, but neither works.

Below is a link that contains a few files for references,

Thank you,

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jv7lRch0alV6PxttGdc_p0zN31iUcZ1Z?usp=sharing

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Images appear black with inability to change brightness
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:13:52 PM »
Hello cavaka01,

The original MicaSense images are 16bit integer.  I assume that the problem is related to the fact that you are keeping the original meta information, but change the data format.

In your dataset the images have Black Level set to 4800, which means that this value is subtracted from the actual pixel value.

You can, however, change Black Level to 0 in your project with the modified images and it should solve the display problem.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC