Forum

Author Topic: e57 blocks files problems - Extremely long import  (Read 2495 times)

Broken Arm

• View Profile
e57 blocks files problems - Extremely long import
« on: April 18, 2019, 03:28:10 PM »
Hello,

I created a point cloud under photoscan that I exported to e57 file first without GPC and the same file but with GPC. The first without GPC was imported into another software without problems and very quickly. On the other hand, the e57 file with the GPCs has been exported in several blocks but on importation, the blocks of 150 MB and more are imported in 4 or 5 whole days. It's very long. Is this normal? The problem is that I have more than 20 blocks of this size! I work with an Intel Core i9 computer and with 64GB of ram.

Thank you for your suggestions.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 03:29:56 PM by Broken Arm »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: e57 blocks files problems - Extremely long import
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 06:08:26 PM »
Hello Broken Arm,

Which export parameters have you used to export the E57 files that then have issues on import to another application?

What is the size difference for the files exported with different settings?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Broken Arm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 06:29:28 PM »
Hello,

Here is an attachment to the export settings of the e57 file. I changed the settings of the coordinates of the systems which was WGS84 EPSG :: 4326 locally because on export the file e57 was only 3ko and there is an error of import. By changing the local coordinate system, my file is almost 10GB and can be imported.

Broken Arm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 04:41:51 PM »
Hello,

Sorry, I made an attachment error. Here are the export settings of the e57 file. I have changed in the parameters that the setup coordinates as I said in the previous message.

The file size alone is 9.49 GB

thank you in advance
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 04:45:35 PM by Broken Arm »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 05:48:15 PM »
Hello Broken Arm,

So you have a point cloud in E57 format with 400 millions points. What is the issue them - does it take too long to import to external application?
Does it help, if you split it into 5-10 blocks?

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Broken Arm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 06:09:01 PM »
Hello Alexey,

I did not try with 5 or 10 blocks but a larger number because the size of the blocks being larger, the import was too long, so I stopped the import to increase the number of blocks and therefore reduce the import time. The problem is that it stays very long. For information, to set up the GPC, I used your tutorial so I do not think there is any error at this level. Currently, the import is still caclul and blocks that I have already imported do not seem to have any errors. The memory of my computer is used at 43%. You will find attached an image of a part of my blocks if it can help you.

Sincerely
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 06:22:15 PM by Broken Arm »

Broken Arm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 06:11:56 PM »

Hello Alexey,

Yes to answer your question regarding import time. A block of 150 MB on average is imported in 3, 4 days and I have more than 20.

Thorgny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 01:09:55 PM »
Hi there

I am having a similar issue when trying to import las points (that I classified and cleaned in another program) the calculating normals step takes forever, infact I have not allowed it to finish the import as it takes way to long. I am running on 162GB of ram, a ryzen thread ripper 16 core and a nvidia gtx 1080 graphics. Any recommendations on speeding up the process would be great.

Thank you.