Forum

Author Topic: OpenCL not all VRAM detected  (Read 9364 times)

tweezlednutball

• View Profile
OpenCL not all VRAM detected
« on: March 06, 2013, 11:57:22 AM »
Hello.  I am running the latest pre-release Version 0.9.1 build 1640 (64 bit).  In the OpenCL options it lists my 2 Radeon 7970 GHz Edition's as only having 2048MB of memory when they do in fact have 3GB.  I also have another machine with a reference 7970 which also displays 2048MB.  I can imagine this would make sense on an nVidia card which may have a split 256/128 bit bus, but the Radeon's have a full 384bit bus.  It might also make sense why I am only getting 75% GPU utilization.  Could this be an issue with the OpenCL drivers?  I am using OpenCL drivers 12.4, when I have time I will try with 12.8 and report back.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: OpenCL not all VRAM detected
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »
Hello tweezlednutball,

The amount of GPU RAM shown in PhotoScan preferences demonstrates the RAM available for OpenCL and not total RAM of GPU. However, using another version of drivers may change the things.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:35:20 PM »
Hello the problem is highly probably because you Motheboard have some integrated VGA, if yes, go to the BIOS and disable it in BIOS. Im got this problem too, afther disabling it im detecting 3GB VRAM....

Send me precise model of your MB..... 
----------------
www.mhb.sk

Mohabon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 06:59:16 PM »
hello,

i am using an ASUS Z9PE-D8-WS with Dual Xeon and Dual ATI 7970. Using latest drivers from ATI 13.251

In the Preferences i see only 2048Mb available for OPEN-CL processing, but i dont have any VGA enables in BIOS or anything, so it is quite strange aswell.

@Wishgranter: do you have any reccomendations?

Thanks and regards

Wishgranter

• View Profile
    • Museum of Historic Buildings
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:05:37 PM »
its not a big issue, AGI uses all ram and very eficiently, its no diff with 2 or 3 GB vram..... i get this proiblem and afther disab of the integrated gpu it swith to detect 3 GB ram
----------------
www.mhb.sk

mr map

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 01:33:48 AM »
I have the same ASUS motherboard and only 3GB is recognized on the 4GB GPU cards (R9 290X).
Only relevant VGA BIOS setting I could find is to set the VGA priority to onboard (MB) or offboard (Graphics cards) - and it is set to offboard.

Did you (or anybody else) find a solution to this?
(even if it will work fine with 3GB it feels like a waste, since these Radeon GPUs are installed solely for OpenCL purpose - the display monitors are on another GPU (Quadro).

/ Tom

hello,

i am using an ASUS Z9PE-D8-WS with Dual Xeon and Dual ATI 7970. Using latest drivers from ATI 13.251

In the Preferences i see only 2048Mb available for OPEN-CL processing, but i dont have any VGA enables in BIOS or anything, so it is quite strange aswell.

@Wishgranter: do you have any reccomendations?

Thanks and regards