Forum

Author Topic: Estimate image quality - does it really work?  (Read 955 times)

MikeZ

• View Profile
Estimate image quality - does it really work?
« on: April 28, 2019, 05:31:22 PM »
As I mentioned before, I'm exercising Agisoft before starting the project. This is also a thing that was worrying me when I was doing private scans. I understand that this tool, check just the sharpest part of the image so misfocused photos can have still very high score. This is the tool to erase the photos with motion blur and... it doesn't work. It seems to work with high-quality input, like FF DSLR (I'm not really sure because I haven't tested it very well) but when I use small sensors cameras it works horribly. On some photos, where I'm struggling to recognize subject because of huge motion blur, I got results like 0,7 or higher. At the same time, pretty sharp photos received note 0,4 or lower. The lower the quality of a photo is the bigger chance to make a mistake. At this point, this tool is totally unusable. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I need to note that removing blurry photos insanely important for me as I assume to work with low-quality inputs. Does anyone know another way to throw away unusable photos? Of course, I'm not asking about manual elimination :)