Forum

Author Topic: E57 bad unit of measure  (Read 2167 times)

Broken Arm

• View Profile
E57 bad unit of measure
« on: May 10, 2019, 06:46:06 PM »
Good morning to all,

I come back with a new problem importing or exporting my E57 file. In fact, I scaled the point cloud with GPC (see below in attachment) and then I exported in several blocks to another software. The import time was extremely long. More than a week for 10 imported blocks. I stopped importing because I had more than 50 blocks to import.

However, I had the curiosity to look at the blocks that I had managed to import into the other software. And, by measuring a parking space, I found that the unit of measurement was wrong since the measurement is in kilometres instead of in metres.

Unless I’m mistaken, I think I understand now why the import is so long because if 5 meters becomes 5 kilometers, my point cloud of 4 km in reality becomes 4000 km!

How to solve this problem?

THX

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 07:00:11 PM by Broken Arm »

Broken Arm

• View Profile
Re: E57 bad unit of measure
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 06:54:58 PM »
Second attachment
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:57:18 PM by Broken Arm »

Broken Arm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 06:58:13 PM »
Third attachement.

THX a lot for your help

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 07:39:37 PM »
Hello!

Can you please also provide the report file generated from this project?

Please also confirm that the reference data (coordinates for the markers) has been applied prior to the export, as the orientation of the coordinate system looks incorrect on the first two screenshots.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Broken Arm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 05:13:47 PM »
Hello Alexey,

The CPGs were put before export. A text file of GPCs coordinates was given by a geometer and imported into Photoscan using your tutorial.

How can I send you the Photoscan report because the file size is too big to be attached.

Thx

Broken Arm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 05:15:39 PM »
I can already tell by reading the Photoscan report that there is a unit error because the flight altitude indicates 69.2 km instead of 69 meters

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 05:20:53 PM »
Hello,

Can you send the report file and, if possible, the project with only alignment results (cameras, tie points, markers, if any) in PSZ format to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Broken Arm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
The PSZ File is over 13GB!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 06:47:05 PM »
Hello,

I assume that the coordinates of the camera locations have been loaded in WGS84 coordinates system (Latitude/Longitude values in degrees), but in the project the system has been switched to the Local Coordinates and therefore the degree values are interpreted as meters. This not only affects the model scale, but also the orientation of the model in space in incorrect.
So you can uncheck all cameras in the Reference pane and press Update button on the pane's toolbar to reference the model using only markers.

As for the PSZ file size, I think that it can be reduced, if you remove depth maps and dense cloud from this project copy, but it may be not necessary, if the issue is solved by referencing applied based on the GCP locations only.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC