Forum

Author Topic: Texture Export problem  (Read 10058 times)

jknox

• View Profile
Texture Export problem
« on: May 16, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »
Hi, Firstly, great piece of software and thanks for making it so available.
Ive created a textured model that Im happy with yet when using the texture export in 3DS Max my UVW co-ordinates are a mess.  I perhaps expected to just apply the basic texture to imported obj.  in Max without having to unwrap UVW.  Am I missing something?

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Texture Export problem
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:48:15 AM »
Hello jknox,

Does the original texture exported by PhotoScan map to the model surface correctly in 3ds Max?

Are you trying to apply a different texture to the model, but using the atlas parametrization generated by PhotoScan?

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft

jknox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »
Thanks for your reply.
The texture does not map correctly to the 3ds max obj. model surface, (however on another model it does).  I have just quad retopologised a model which I had hoped could export back to PhotoScan for re-texture atlasing but the application does not like the quads.  Is there a way round this?
Thanks

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 01:45:52 AM »
Hello jknox,

PhotoScan currently supports import of triangular meshes only. You need to convert your model to the triangular mesh before importing in PhotoScan.

It should be possible to implement auto conversion in PhotoScan during loading, but it is not supported yet. We'll try include this feature in the next update.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft