Forum

Author Topic: Heading/Roll/Pitch import  (Read 2616 times)

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
Heading/Roll/Pitch import
« on: May 16, 2019, 10:37:42 AM »
Hi,

My problem is the data that I get from my IMU system that gives me the orientation parameters in Roll/Pitch/Heading format. Of course I have Boresight offset data for the imu to camera (Roll/Pitch/Heading + Dx,Dy,Dz).
How can I use that data for the direct camera import?

Best regards,
Darko

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Heading/Roll/Pitch import
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 12:22:03 PM »
Hello Darko,

Metashape supports EO data import for cameras via Reference pane (Import button on the pane's toolbar), that allows to load XYZ coordinates and yaw, pitch, roll angles.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 01:53:01 PM »
Unfortunately, YAW and Heading are not the same.

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 03:42:05 PM »
I did try to load as it is so, Heading = Yaw, but it didn't work.

My workflow:
1. Add the cameras
2. Open the positions and rotations file
3. Camera calibration typed in from the manufacturers sheet together with the IMU/GPS offset and rotation - When saved in XML it does not save IMU/GPS offset and rot.
4. Fix all the camera parameters.
5. Import the Cameras - it asked me for XML file and I did point to camera calibration but the answer was Bad File Format.
6. Build Point Cloud - worked but didn't do anything, there was no points as a result

Since my INS/Camera (Lidar) system is flying in the backwards direction I did change all the signs for rotations and offsets. For the Yaw I changed it for 180 deg.

Where is the mistake?
Here are two camera files, the first one is the original IMU/GPS (without rotation and sign change) file and the other one is after the alignment in Metashape.

Best regards,
Darko

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 06:39:09 PM »
Hello Darko,

Import Cameras assumes that the XML file (or other supported format) contains the information regarding both exterior and interior orientation for cameras. Whereas XML with the camera calibration only doesn't contain any EO parameters and should be loaded instead via Camera Calibration dialog.

Maybe you can share the project file saved after Build Points operation in PSZ format and the related external information that you are using with support@agisoft.com? Jut make sure that the project file contains "Tie points" in the workspace pane for the chunk.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 02:42:23 PM »
Thanks Alexey,

I didn't get too far for now. What should I do in case when I have file with the IMU data which is Label, Easting, Northing, Elevation, Pitch, Roll and Heading. The other file contains my camera parameters with the IMU offset data. Is there any way I can proceed to Build Points without Alignment. Alignment process cannot do much since it is just forest area without any real detail.

Best regards,
Darko