Forum

Author Topic: Script for Producing Multispectral (5 band) Ortho from 2 Multiband Cameras  (Read 2816 times)

ChuckO

• View Profile
For the Sentera Double 4K (multispectral configuration), there are two camera; one with RGB and the other with NIR and RE data.

Is there a python script available for automating the processing of these to produce a 5 band output?

Also, with creating a parent folder and adding two subfolders for the RGB and NIR - RE, Agisoft recognizes the folders, but the options provided seem a bit off the mark.

A script and some clear guidance on how to process would be most helpful. Also, anyone with experience in processing this type of data - any tips you can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Best regards,

Chuck

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Chuck,

Can you share a small sub-set of the dataset with support@agisoft.com?

Does this Sentera setup shoot both cameras simultaneously?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ChuckO

• View Profile
Hi Alex,

Yes, the cameras do obtain images simultaneously (or nearly so).

I can provide a subset, but the images are quite large.

How do you recommend that we proceed?

Also, are you aware of a sample script for multispectral from multi-camera input that I could review / leverage?

Many thanks!

Chuck

steffnat

• View Profile
Hi all,

something new?

I´m also struggling with the Sentera images and Agisoft:
  • in Photoscan 1.4.4 I get the folder with the subfolders NIR + RGB loaded and can choose "Create Mulltispectral Images from Files as Bands". It´s also possible to see 6 bands to choose from under "Select Primary Channel". Unfortunately the band sequence is 123 - RGB and 456 - also RGB. As from Sentera feedback band 4 should be RedEdge and band 6 NIR.
  • I get a complete workflow processed but have no clue what exactly is the output. When I do a raster calc with (B4 - B1) / (B4+ B1) and go on "Palette" I get I nice Heatmap with an Index from  0 - 1 using "Auto" and "Interpolate Colors". This could be something meaningful!? But because I don´t know which bands exactly are processed and how, I cannot validate it.
  • In Metashape when loading the folders NIR + RGB  I can only choose between 3 bands (RGB) so not even know what is what. It loads only 40 cameras under "Multi-camera system" with 80 images (40 NIR + 40 RGB) side by side as a couple in 1 camera. But then it is only possible to choose between 3 primary channels because the NIR and RedEdge channels aren´t differentiated in the metadata. The rest of the workflow from the dense point cloud to the orthophoto was possible. But after some calculations all photos, dense point cloud and orthophot turned blue and I couldn´t recuperate the colors up to now. But how can I calculate a NDVI for example without getting the NIR and RedEdge channels shown for using them in the calcs?
  • It was recommended to process the images first in Pix4D to get a 5 band images and afterwards doing the further processing in Metashape. But using 2 not quite cheap softwares isn´t a very helpful option ;-)
Any help would be appreciated! Also the option to separately write the band names with Exiftools in the right tags of the metadata to be recognized in Metashape would be helpful.

Thank´s and best regards!
Steffen