Forum

Author Topic: metashape vs photoscan coordinates systems  (Read 2687 times)

harrytwomey

• View Profile
metashape vs photoscan coordinates systems
« on: May 27, 2019, 12:26:22 PM »
hello all

previously when transforming fro WSG84 to Irenet95 ITM the results where exactly correct compared to the official transformation tool provided by OSI

Since the update to meta-shape 1.5.2 there is an error in the easting northing after translating

I originally thought is was an error with the addition of the custom datum, malin head, but this has been resolved and is not the cause, that link is here
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=10701.0

I may be related to the issue here, possibly
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=10823.0

harrytwomey

• View Profile
Re: metashape vs photoscan coordinates systems
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 05:59:11 PM »
I have tried uninstalling metashape, reinstalling photoscan, and i get the same error

also the fresh install of photoscan still has the custom cs in its listing, so some file where not removed

in tried downloading a register-cleaner and searched through the user folder for agisoft files and delete them all, uninstall everthing again, what i think is a totally clean system.

i install metashape and again the custom Cs is in the listing, so i failed to remove  all the old files

Can someone tell me where the files for installed custom CS are kept, are there more places where file files would linger after uninstalling the metashape
I have to reprocess a project that quite urgent and this error is really starting to stress me out!

harrytwomey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 07:28:24 PM »
I have tried to manual any register entries, as discussed here https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=10769.msg48702#msg48702
but again after a reinstall there is an error in the coordinates
recreating the ITM+MalinHead Datum causes the same error in easting and northing as without the custom datum, the error in easting northing is not portionally to each other

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 11:52:08 PM »
Harry,

i entered same point as yours in metashape 1.5.2 first in  geodetic ETRS89 datum and then transformed to IRENET 95 / ITM and got same easting and northing as OSI to nearest 0.000001 m!

I wonder where you get such différence in Easting / Northing!

3rd screen capture shows same point transformed to IRENET 95 / ITM + Malin Head Geoid height
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 02:06:31 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

harrytwomey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 10:46:23 AM »
It must be something weird in the install, some file or registry entry  that hangs around after a uninstall and messes up the coordinates