Forum

Author Topic: Rigid camera rig of vertical and oblique RGB cameras: Image size mismatch error  (Read 7038 times)

conrado

• View Profile
I have had a look to this post: https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=7663.0 , describing a error with a multispectral camera rig.

I have got a similar problem using a rigid camera rig. In my case, it is not a rig with multispectral cameras but a rig with 5 RGB cameras: one oriented vertically (master) and four oblique (slaves). It is similar but not exactly equal to this device: Leica RCD30 Oblique (see attached file).

Alignment works fine and I got good results for residuals and offsets of master and slave cameras. Particularly offsets angles of oblique cameras look good. 

But when I try to build dense cloud point, I get error: "Image size mismatch error".

Obviously in my case is not problem of difference of resolution between cameras but really overlap between images of same rig is limited (see attached image).

Is there a solution for, with Agisoft Metashape, assign a device like this, as a rigid camera rig?.

Thank in advance.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello conrado,

Is there a possibility to create a minimal project for reproducing the issue and send it along with the related images to support@agisoft.com?

Just a project with 2-3 aligned rig locations would be sufficient, providing that the "image size mismatch" error is displayed.

Also please specify the version and build number of Metashape used.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

conrado

• View Profile
 Hello Alexey.

I have send by email minimal project reproducing the issue.
Metashape version used is 1.5.2.7838.
As a curiosity, if in the same project I uncheck 'Calculate point colors' option, 'Calculate Dense Cloud' tool works fine.
Thanks for your help.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello conrado,

Appears that there's an issue with the point colors calculation for such setups, where there are multiple cameras in the multi-plane layout with the same layer index.

We'll try to fix the problem in the next version update.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello conrado,

The problem should be fixed in the version 1.5.3, can you please confirm that now everything works as expected for multi-camera system layout?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

conrado

• View Profile
Version 1.5.3 works fine.
Thank you very much.