Forum

Author Topic: RGB DEM Palette  (Read 3125 times)

RoryG

• View Profile
RGB DEM Palette
« on: June 13, 2019, 04:38:59 PM »
Hi,

We are working on a very large project of over 20,000 hectares and delivering height-field models, DEMs (32bit and RGB) and orthos. The site is broken down into sections by individual flights (approx 600 - 800 images) and we would like to export the RGB DEMs with the same height palette, i.e. the absolute height colours are the same on every individual DEM.

I can do this by colourising the 32bit DEMs in ArcGIS or QGIS then exporting them as RGB tiffs but it's a huge amount of extra work, is there a way to specify the height colours in Metashape Pro when exporting a palletised DEM?

Thanks,

Rory

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: RGB DEM Palette
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 05:39:24 PM »
Hello Rory,

If you wish to export the DEM as it is displayed in the Ortho view mode of Metashape window, you should use "Palette" option in the Raster Transform section of the Export DEM dialog.

To configure the palette in absolute or relative range click on the DEM label in the Workspace pane and choose "Set Palette" option.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RoryG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »
Perfect, thank you Alexey. I hadn't noticed the "set palette" option, so when exporting the palette raster transform the corresponding heights on each export were different.

Thanks,

Rory

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 01:56:02 PM »
Hello Rory,

You can apply the same palette to all the chunks/projects using Absolute values option enabled.

Hillshading option can be configured via Appearance tab in the Preferences window.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

RoryG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 05:30:29 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Yes, thanks for the info. I set a single palette from 0 to 300m and applied it to all the DEMs and exported them again, looks great on the map now.

Cheers,

Rory