Forum

Author Topic: X Y Z definition in Slave offset for camera rig  (Read 2258 times)

Paulo

• View Profile
X Y Z definition in Slave offset for camera rig
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:13:51 AM »
Hello all,

I am processing a multi band camera rig (Altum) data set with Metashape. In camera calibration pane, I have blue band camera as Master and want to adjust location w.r.t. to this reference. I allow adjust location and get offset of -0.15 m in Z for camera 6 LWIR w.r.t. to Master Blue camera 1....see attachment....

If I understand X,Y,Z definition for these offsets to be Y in direction of flight, X to right of flight direction and Z up, then this would mean that in general camera 6 would be 15 cm lower than camera 1 .... however when I print the adjusted  camera coordinates, I get camera 6 to be around 15 cm higher than camera 1....

Can you explain? ???
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 07:44:03 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: X Y Z definition in Slave offset for camera rig
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 12:02:48 PM »
Hello Paulo,

The offsets between the sensors in MicaSense cameras can be usually neglected. If you are still interested in those offsets estimation, I would suggest to input the Reference data and accuracy that corresponds to the real values.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 04:26:13 PM »
Alexey,

I did enter 0, 0, 0 for reference and accuracy (suppose reference refers to Master blue camera 1) and got very similar results for X, Y , Z offsets of camera 6 w.r.t. camera 1 as in original post (around -0.15 m in Z offset).

My point is that it seems that the definition of X, Y, Z location offsets is different ( X to right wing,  Y to reverse flight direction and Z down) instead of X right wing , Y forward flight and Z up....

Could you confirm , please?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 04:28:18 PM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 05:21:07 PM »
Hello Paul,

Accuracy value in meters define, how accurately the reference values are measured. If the offsets are within a couple of cm, then would rather suggest to input 0.05 m value instead of 5.0 m.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC