Forum

Author Topic: can I have both 1.2.6 and 1.4.5 installed to use both ?  (Read 1735 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
can I have both 1.2.6 and 1.4.5 installed to use both ?
« on: June 24, 2019, 02:50:23 PM »
Hi,
my exhaust stack was far better in 1.2.6 but I need access to the suggested masking method 'apply masks to tie points' available in 1.4.5

Can I have both versions installed on my PC and use whichever suits me for what I am doing ?

Does installing 1.4.5 remove 1.2.6 ?

would that happen if I installed to D drive ?

Unless I hear back on why 1.4.5 gave a poor result and metashape a complete mess on the same set of photos I need to still use 1.2.6

would projects in 1.4.5 be backwards compatible, i.e. after using the 'apply masks to tie points' in 1.4.5 could I process them in 1.2.6 ?

Steve

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: can I have both 1.2.6 and 1.4.5 installed to use both ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 02:57:02 PM »
Hello Steve,

You  can have both versions installed on the same computer, just move the installation directory of the older version to some custom location, before installing a newer one to the default location.

As for the problems that you are observing, it would be helpful, if you can provide an example of the image set that can be properly aligned in the version 1.2, but fails (or produce wrong result) in the versions 1.4, 1.5.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Steve003

• View Profile
Re: can I have both 1.2.6 and 1.4.5 installed to use both ?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 05:41:22 PM »
Hi,
image set is that I wetransfered on 4 June, email received from you today saying you will take a look now.

so if I cut and paste the install directory from C drive to another location on C drive I can run 1.2.6 from there and the install of 1.4.5 will go to where that used to be.
Make a shortcut to the altered C drive location to run 1.2.6

something like C:\Photoscan 1.2.6 would suffice. or would it have to be within the Program Files folder as opposed to Program Files (x86) folder ?

Steve