Forum

Author Topic: Intelligent scissors are not Intelligent  (Read 2617 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Intelligent scissors are not Intelligent
« on: June 24, 2019, 08:36:17 PM »
Hi,
I am following the pdf on use of tie points so as to mask all photos when having masked one or two using as it suggests intelligent scissors.

There are no videos on you tube of intelligent scissors in use.
I search in the program's help on intelligent scissors but it finds nothing.

I use the tool but it makes straight lines around my curved edge, I expect it to snap to the edge, in an intelligent way.
I go Ctrl  A but have a selection still not following the curved edge.

What is supposed to happen as all they give me is straight line cuts.

Steve

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Intelligent scissors are not Intelligent
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:42:36 PM »
Maybe you should keep all your question under one thread instead of creating one every time you wish to complain about something? Spamming the forum like that isn't the best way to get answers.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 09:46:59 PM »
Hello Steve,

I think the following video is quite similar to the one you have posted in another thread but also gives and idea of Intelligent Scissor masking:
https://youtu.be/-SyYKWFShRA?t=147

Left-click on the first point, hold CTRL, move the cursor along the edge of the object, left-click again quite regularly to avoid "straight lines" drawing.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 10:25:00 PM »
Hi Alexey,
I shall send via wetransfer a video showing how despite many crtl clicks, the scissors get distracted from the edge on a gridded board. I wish that video was in English !

I need instead to create a mask using photoshop and then use that in 'apply masks to tie points' though I dont know how to bring the mask in for the tie point command to use it.

How is that done ?

Mak11, I am simply separating out problems I need help on, if they were all stuffed into one thread the initial post would be too lengthy people dont read what looks long, also the title would simply be help needed with this lot, and would not feature keywords to be useful for anyone searching on a similar problem they are having and they wouldnt want to try and find an answer in a thread full of various answers and problems. Also to keep adding new problems into the initial thread would not see folk realise it had new content so it would be overlooked. I wish all was well and everything worked but instead it isnt and I need to find out whats wrong, what to do etc and it is best such are separated out, as is normal practice on forums. I normally get told keep the problems as separate posts to help others navigate and search on such !

I have encountered problems I cant find answers to on youtube or in existing forum threads, only then do I post, and need to get operational now, rather than post one a week as if rationed and take 2 months to get operational.

Steve

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 05:06:06 PM »
Hello Steve,

It is recommended to use intelligent scissors to draw the mask by the segments: from the starting point follow the masking border and then finish the segment by left-clicking, then repeat from the intermediate point.
The sketch below show the masking workflow with the intelligent scissors. "Click" means that left mouse button is clicked. And CTRL key is being pressed from the starting point will "click 5".
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC