Forum

Author Topic: photo masking tools none work where is tolerance options ?  (Read 2058 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
photo masking tools none work where is tolerance options ?
« on: June 24, 2019, 09:29:34 PM »
Hi,

I am having terrible experience trying to mask an image, intelligent scissors get sidetracked by lines on my grid table. it hugged the object then when it came to a grid box line it lost the edge trace and went round my inch box on the grid, then eventually I ended up with one straight red dashed line after having gone a few inches.
tried paintbrush but got lots of peculiar bits.
tried magic wand but not any better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-N8zD6svvY  he has standard prog and uses tolerance values in magic wand options but I have Photoscan 1.4.5 and those options are missing.

I wish to follow the apply masks to tie points method, can I use photoshop instead to mask the image or two required and how do I bring this in and use it in the tie points process ? I could have masked 20 in the time it took to not even manage to mask using the agisoft tools.

Steve

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: photo masking tools none work where is tolerance options ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:40:42 PM »
Hello Steve,

Magic wand tolerance options are available in the version 1.4.5 and even in 1.2.6.

Scissors instrument may get confused, if there are considerable contrast changes in scene by the borders of the objects or elements in the background.

You can import the masks from the external source (separate set of black&white images or from the alpha channel i.e. transparency channel), if you prefer external applications for mask drawing and find them more convenient for your needs.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 10:32:25 PM »
Hi Alexey,
attached a screen grab of my 1.4.5 magic wand area, unlike the video (also attached) it has no options there.

I would at the moment prefer photoshop but not sure how I bring the mask in and use it for 'apply masks to tie points'.

my object got placed in a different position 7 times so I presume I need 7 masks one per chunk, and use the tie points method 7 times ?

Steve
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 10:35:18 PM by Steve003 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 08:29:16 PM »
Hello Steve,

In the version 1.4.5 you can access the Magic Wand Options by clicking on the "down arrow" on the Toolbar with the masking instruments. Actually, on the second screenshot from the video the location of this option is shown properly  as it appears both in the versions 1.4 and 1.5.

The Wand option dialog is also not accessible via Tools menu in the version 1.5.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 07:23:46 PM »
Hi,
just now I posted images saying I still cant see it, when I look again I can.

cheers.

Steve
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:26:31 PM by Steve003 »