Forum

Author Topic: Alignment fails after georeferencing  (Read 1265 times)

Paul Stachowiak

• View Profile
Alignment fails after georeferencing
« on: June 25, 2019, 03:58:05 PM »
Hello, :)
I have several data sets which I am failing to align. The first alignment works perfectly fine, but since I need to compare various of data sets I want to put them in a coordinate reference system. Therefore I have detect the markers and added the longitude, latitude and altitude information. Now i want to realign those pictures and reset the current alignment which the program fails to do.
I have already checked all the geo coordinates as well as all the markers. I am farly new into the program and cant find a abvious reason why it doesnt work. :-X

Since this is the basis of my bachelor thesis I am not allowed to share a link.  Please send me a message with your Email if you want to have a look on the data set.

Thanks for help!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Alignment fails after georeferencing
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 05:25:55 PM »
Hello Paul Stachowiak,

Is it possible to provide the project files with the initial alignment and alignment with markers to support@agisoft.com? The source images are not required.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paul Stachowiak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:12:22 PM »
Yes it is possible. I have send you a link.

Best regards,
Paul Stachowiak
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:14:17 PM by Paul Stachowiak »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 01:38:48 PM »
Hello Paul,

I think that the problem is related to the incorrect coordinate information in the Reference pane:
- some cameras have zero values for Longitude and Latitude,
- camera altitude values is lower than marker altitude,
- load XY coordinate for the markers do not fit the selected coordinate system (WGS84) - if you are working with local coordinates for the GCPs, then you should uncheck all cameras in the Reference pane, select Local Coordinates in the Reference pane settings dialog and use only Generic preselection option during Align Photos operation (unless the images have been matched prior to the markers being introduced to the project).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC