Forum

Author Topic: Combining imported scan data with photogrammetry  (Read 4396 times)

RobbGG

• View Profile
Combining imported scan data with photogrammetry
« on: June 26, 2019, 11:55:03 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of trying to combine some point cloud data generated from a laser scanner (Leica Scanstation C10 if anyone's interested)with photos taken of a room to generate an accurately textured 3d model, so far I have some trial scan data and a quick video I've shot on my phone of me walking around the space to test metashape against some other photogrammetry software.

I've run into a hiccup where I can't seem to get my photos to match up with the imported scan data. The photos will align and I can generate a reasonably accurate dense cloud from the scan data, and I can import the scan data from Cyclone into metashape and view the dense cloud that my scanner has created but I can't get the 2 data sets to match up.

Can anyone point me towards documentation of this sort of workflow or offer any advice on what process I should be going through to achieve my goal?

I can provide google drive links to my scan data, photo set and metashape project if that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

// Robb

JMR

• View Profile
Re: Combining imported scan data with photogrammetry
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 04:08:21 PM »
create markers in laser dense cloud and place them on photos, then update. Make sure source view in ref pane shows cooedinates in the tls reference system for the created markers.