Forum

Author Topic: How to convert TLS to Collada (tiled)  (Read 4392 times)

Mr_Handsome

• View Profile
How to convert TLS to Collada (tiled)
« on: August 16, 2016, 03:10:27 PM »
Hi
My customer is asking for a LOD tiled collada model.

I have generated a tiled model in TLS format and opened it in the agisoft viewer. If i select the CONVERT button by right clicking the chunk I only have 2 options. None of them are collada.

How do i export a LOD  tiled collada model from photoscan. I have checked the forum but cannot find any answer.

Regards
Fredrik

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: How to convert TLS to Collada (tiled)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 03:28:41 PM »
Hello Fredrik,

You can choose Agisoft Tiled Archive option and in the next dialog choose the model format from the supported list (OBJ, COLLADA, 3DS, VRLM, PLY, OpenCTM).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

aerophilicravi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 10:30:34 AM »
After exporting it created zip file with lot of files with .dae extension. Which one should be opened out of so many files ? result also doesnt seem very good. Is there any tutorial on import of the data exported from Agisoft in other software ?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »
Hello aerophilicravi,

Which software you are planning to use to open the tiled model? Probably, you should consider other formats like Cesium 3D tiles, for example, or Photomesh Layer options that are more widely used for such kind of output.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

aerophilicravi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 02:33:15 PM »
My actual requirement is to overlay the 3D cad model of an elevated corridor over the mesh file of the terrain. I have experimented with number of softwares like Bentley Contextcapture Editor, 3DS max etc. But all of them are good with handling CAD and not the mesh file from Agisoft. I have not been very successful in understanding and implementing cesium 3D. Any help in terms of tutorial/workflow in achieving the above task would be really useful.