Forum

Author Topic: Batch Exporting Points from Several Chunks  (Read 2881 times)

KurriR

• View Profile
Batch Exporting Points from Several Chunks
« on: June 27, 2019, 01:36:53 AM »
Hi All,

I've been recently working with several chunks and I would like to export the points (XYZ Point Cloud) from those chunks into their corresponding file folders. To do this I have been attempting to use the "{projectfolder}/{chunklabel}" in place of the file Path. I have received the following error:

"
Saving project...
saved project in 0.001 sec
ExportPoints: binary = off, format = PointsFormatXYZ, path = {projectfolder}/{chunklabel}
Saving point cloud...
Error: Can't create file: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (123): E:/1_MTO_HIIFP/2_Field_Surveys/2_LensDistortionTest/06-08-2019/BatchProcessing/2_All_Photos_Correct/4_Dense/23_Rec_P_UP_15m
"

Any help to fix the problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

wojtek

• View Profile
Re: Batch Exporting Points from Several Chunks
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 03:59:43 PM »
You're probably missing the file extension there (add .xyz or whatever the format is)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »
Hello KurriR,

I have the same impression as wojtek, you need to specify the extension in the export path:
Code: [Select]
{projectfolder}/{chunklabel}.xyz
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

KurriR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 01:23:04 AM »
Thank you so much, Alexey and wojket. However, it seems to be still giving me the same error if I add the ".xyz". I have tried ".txt" and ".pts" as well, to no avail.

Is it perhaps something to do with the ".xyz" being on the line below the file name?

"

Error: Can't create file: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect (123): E:/1_MTO_HIIFP/2_Field_Surveys/2_LensDistortionTest/06-08-2019/BatchProcessing/2_All_Photos_Correct/4_Dense/18_Rec_P_DOWN_10m
.xyz

"

Thanks again,

KR
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 01:29:39 AM by KurriR »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 02:45:32 PM »
Hello KurriR,

I've tried to export the points via Batch Process using the same parameters and have not faced any problems.

Which version of Metashape you are using? Please also check there there are no special symbols in between {chunklabel} and .xyz.

Can you also send the screenshot of the Batch Process task for the export with all the parameters used?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 02:48:10 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

KurriR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 06:18:31 PM »
Alexey,

It seems that every one of my chunk labels had an inadvertent space at the ending. Removing that space has fixed the problem.

Thank you so much for the help and the quick responses.

Cheers,

KR