Forum

Author Topic: ultra high mesh source ultra high densepointcloud 45mins elapsed build 0%  (Read 2106 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi,
Photoscan 1.4.5
small trolley wheel and axle.
I have created dense point cloud using ultra high aggressive, took 6.5hrs
now to run Mesh ultrahigh to see if I can get better detail than with mesh high, use strict volumetric masks.
started it at 21:51  accumulating dense cloud until 00:11, thats 2hr 20mins on that phase of the operation, but now...
now building model it says and after 45mins still 0% done

and now its saying 48 days left !!!!!

aborted it .
saved it  2.4Gb strewth !!!

WHAT IS WRONG ????

Steve
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 03:28:38 AM by Steve003 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Steve,

Experimental visibility consistent mesh feature in 1.4.5 is mostly performed on the single CPU core. Also the process takes longer time with strict volumetric masks, if there are many of them.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi,
Only way to re-use the available depth maps is to select the same quality option and check on "reuse depth" option (in Build Mesh or Build Dense Cloud dialog).

I have GPU GTX970 cuda ticked and CPU tcked in preferences which according to the pdf manual is correct if using single GPU.
PC is 32Gb ddr vengeance pro Intel Core i7 4790 3.6GHz  win 7 64bit pro.

Following the need to keep my Ultra high quality , as a test to see what happens with ultra high in mesh after ultra high in Dense point cloud,
2hr 20 mins of 'accumulating dense cloud' then phase 2, and after 45mins of it saying building model 0% it said 48 days remaining, I dont think 48 days is good for anyone, not on a single small wheel and axle. clearly something got stuck at the building model phase.

I hit cancel as clearly there was something wrong with choosing ultra high mesh after ultra high dpc. (in photoscane 1.4.5) or was it ticking and using strict volumetric that caused the problem ?

Trouble is whilst PC is spending hrs processing as such I cant use it on anything else as one cannot minimise agisoft, also its using all resources so everything else sees a jerk y mouse, CAD and photoshop would be impossible.

I will try again, this time with Metashape where , as you say, retaining ultra high depth map needs ultra high mesh setting, to see if Metashape also has the same issue.

Steve
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:32:44 PM by Steve003 »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Steve,

I've processed the provided dataset ("bomb trolley") in the version 1.5.3 build 8469. It took 1 hour for the Ultra High depth maps generation and about 5.5 hours to generate the mesh from it.
The hardware used: i7-4960X (6-cores, 3.6 GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, 64 GB RAM. Memory consumption peak was about 29 GB.

As for the "experimental" visibility consistent meshing method in the version 1.4.5, it is not accessible from Metashape GUI and is not being developed at the moment. I would record your information regarding the long processing time for the given dataset, but can't say if we are to return to this method any time soon.

I'll send you the resulting project.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC