Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft filling in bolt and rivet holes I need to see.  (Read 3082 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Agisoft filling in bolt and rivet holes I need to see.
« on: July 06, 2019, 10:25:17 PM »
Hi,
I have holes as part of the engineering item yet they are being filled in by Agisoft it seems as I have top quality photos.
Brake shoe Alexei !
I am sure I saw an option somewhere for fill holes, I dont need it, I need to see bolt holes and rivet holes.

I am now looking at the workflow steps in metashape as I have managed to get the file recreated as per your fix you carried out in metashape. Thank you.

I can't see any hole options anywhere.

I need to resolve this else every project will be useless if these holes get filled in.

Steve

chrisd

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft filling in bolt and rivet holes I need to see.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 06:32:48 PM »
Can you post some of your photos ... the files as they were saved from the camera?

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
Hi,
would do but that sees exif data with contact details and so on included which I dont put out on internet.
I could strip it out but then I have to add it all back in again else pshop wont save it as such.

Steve

chrisd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 05:48:08 PM »
Steve,

I don't think you will get any direct or meaningful feedback without some example pictures.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 07:32:07 PM »
Hello Steve,

In the break shoe example I've used only Low quality to get the processing result in shorter time. I'll check with the Higher quality.

But even with the Low quality with the provided project you can do the following:
- remove (reset) all the masks from the chunk,
- mask the six holes in the objects on the very first image from the set (that is looking from the top on the object),
- run Build Mesh (in Metashape 1.5, of course) using Depth Maps as a source, same quality as the existing depth maps in the project (enabling Reuse Depth option) and using Strict Volumetric masks.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 01:55:27 PM »
Hi Alexei,
Low for speed, that answers that one I guess as I wondered why you used LOW when I was after speed and quality better than Photoscan.
I will amend METHOD D steps accordingly.
Also I will add:-
- mask the six holes in the objects on the very first image from the set (that is looking from the top on the object),
- run Build Mesh (in Metashape 1.5, of course) using Depth Maps as a source, same quality as the existing depth maps in the project (enabling Reuse Depth option) and using Strict Volumetric masks.

to METHOD D.

AM I RIGHT IN SAYING THIS FITS IN 'AFTER' THE BUILD DENSE CLOUD STAGE ?
as it just mentions build mesh.

to my mind one needs to modify the mesh then let it influence the Build Cloud stage as well as mesh stage ?

Hope we can soon put method D up as a step by step for users who move objects and move cameras around the objects.

Steve
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 02:10:15 AM by Steve003 »

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 03:49:24 PM »
AM I RIGHT IN SAYING THIS FITS IN 'AFTER' THE BUILD DENSE CLOUD STAGE ?
No, your are not. No more build dense cloud stage. Just skip it and build mesh on depth maps as Alexey suggests.
regards

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 12:16:40 PM »
Hi JMR, thank you,
in order to check my new positioning of this fix hole step, as you say 'NO MORE BUILD DENSE CLOUD', here is METHOD D V5m (drawn up with Alexei assistance) before (step 2.4.1) and after altering its location to a new step location 3.1.5 after the last 'build dense cloud' of the method D steps.

METHOD D v5m (a work in progress method sheet, NOT DECLARED WORKABLE AS YET but if anyone uses it and it works please let me know)
(for when objects are moved e.g. to photo the underside. We call the photos for each object/background combination a sub-sequence) so 1 chunk per sub-sequence.
Up to here we have aligned images in each chunk.
2.2.3) Workflow>Build dense cloud
2.2.6) when done go Workflow>Build mesh and source Depth maps and in advanced select reuse depth.
DON’T FORGET Repeat dense point cloud and mesh creation for each chunk.
2.3) cut the unwanted geometry mesh that is not related to the object of interest and generate masks from the model in each chunk.
2.3.5) go File>Import>masks from Models, replacement, all cameras, repeat for each chunk.
2.4) Workflow>Merge Chunks
2.4.1) To fix holes filling in on brake shoe model:-

2.4.3) double click Merged chunks in list at left , select all thumbnails, right click apply ‘reset camera alignment ’.
2.4.5) Workflow>Align Images  use Apply Masks to Key Points option. ( chunks are merged only to have all the images with the respective masks in the single chunk. Also select ’reset current alignment’ to sort out any problems, Also though not vital untick ‘Adaptive Camera Model Fitting.’
3.1) Workflow>Build Dense Cloud,  for quality choose high or ultra high, depth filtering Mild, tick Calculate Point Colours. Alexei used LOW QUALITY in this step  to fix the failed brake shoe. This was for speed not quality.
3.2) Workflow>Build Mesh, source Depth maps, open advanced options and tick ‘reuse depth’, Quality choose the same as was chosen in Step 3.1   and using Strict Volumetric masks.

METHOD D v6m provisional NOT DECLARED WORKABLE AS YET but if anyone uses it and it works please let me know)....await JMR input.
2.2.3) Workflow>Build dense cloud
2.2.6) when done go Workflow>Build mesh and source Depth maps and in advanced select reuse depth.
DON’T FORGET Repeat dense point cloud and mesh creation for each chunk.
2.3) cut the unwanted geometry mesh that is not related to the object of interest and generate masks from the model in each chunk.
2.3.5) go File>Import>masks from Models, replacement, all cameras, repeat for each chunk.
2.4) Workflow>Merge Chunks
2.4.3) double click Merged chunks in list at left , select all thumbnails, right click apply ‘reset camera alignment ’.
2.4.5) Workflow>Align Images  use Apply Masks to Key Points option. ( chunks are merged only to have all the images with the respective masks in the single chunk. Also select ’reset current alignment’ to sort out any problems, Also though not vital untick ‘Adaptive Camera Model Fitting.’
3.1) Workflow>Build Dense Cloud,  for quality choose high or ultra high, depth filtering Mild, tick Calculate Point Colours. Alexei used LOW QUALITY in this step  to fix the failed brake shoe. This was for speed not quality.
3.1.5) To fix holes filling in on brake shoe model:-

3.2) Workflow>Build Mesh, source Depth maps, open advanced options and tick ‘reuse depth’, Quality choose the same as was chosen in Step 3.1   and using Strict Volumetric masks.

JMR, is this now where it should be if I understand you correctly.

many thanks

Steve
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 12:47:03 PM by Steve003 »