Forum

Author Topic: Extract and change the coordinate system  (Read 2938 times)

mwbm07

• View Profile
Extract and change the coordinate system
« on: July 15, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
Dear
I have a few questions, if I can answer, I would be grateful.
The alignment is performed, the images are positioned in which coordinate system?
Is it possible to extract this information by python?
Is it possible to position all images by adopting as the center of the coordinate system the center of a single image?
thankful

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Extract and change the coordinate system
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 08:23:12 PM »
Hello mwbm07,

If there's no information in the Reference pane and therefore no [R] or [T] mark next to the chunk's label in the Reference pane, then the chunk will remain unreferenced and all the coordinates and dimensions of the produced results would be in some arbitrary internal coordinate system.

In case the chunk is referenced in local or geographic coordinates the additional 4x4 transformation matrix (chunk.transform) will be introduced that performs the transformation from internal coordinate system space to geocentric (in case of geographic referencing) system or to local coordinates if it has been selected for referencing.

Via Python you can access the internal coordinates of camera locations, marker positions, coordinate of the mesh polygons, tie point locations and etc.:
camera.center, marker.position, for example.

You can check the following topic that has an example of setting the coordinate system of the chunk (origin and orientation) according to the location and orientation of the selected camera from the aligned set:
https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=11120.0
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC