Forum

Author Topic: Should each chunk have two faces of a box in common with other chunks ?  (Read 1592 times)

Steve003

• View Profile
Hi,
when photographing an object e.g. a long thin box each side 30mm x 350mm placed on the ground and walking around it, first sub sequence top and both sides and ends, then turn it upside down to do the underside, can that sub sequence be the underside and one side and both ends , the ends being so narrow they couldnt assist the process that well in alignment ?
Will Photoscan or Metashape recognise the one side and marry it to the first chunks side, or does it need both sides and underside photographing in that second sub sequence ?

I ask as I had a 3 side sub-sequence (top and both sides and both ends) then an underside and one side and both ends sub-sequence and merge chunks then dense point cloud and mesh build failed to create all four sides with major omissions. (Alexei has project as Leaf spring looking at, though I simplify the description to 'box' just to establish the principle)

Also Merge chunks and Align chunks, what is difference as my method D sheet doesnt feature Align chunks at all, and Merge chunks puts all images together into one chunk it says.

Thanks

Steve
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 12:50:48 PM by Steve003 »

Steve003

• View Profile
anyone please ?

Steve003

• View Profile
Re: Should each chunk have two faces of a box in common with other chunks ?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 03:01:36 AM »
please again, anyone ????