Forum

Author Topic: DEM export so I can read Altitude (Z, Height) values  (Read 2944 times)

ai.uavs

• View Profile
DEM export so I can read Altitude (Z, Height) values
« on: July 26, 2019, 05:21:26 PM »
Is there a way to share DEM with the client who doesn't have Metashape - as it is displayed in Metashape along with the altitude values?

I know it can be exported to QGIS.  But I really like how DEM looks in Metashape and I can't make it to look same in qgis. Is there an easy solution - like export to 3D PDF or any AutoCAD format?

If the only optin if through qgis (arcgis, global mapper - for which I am not an expert)
Where can I find colour palette?
How can I read Z (altitude) values from such a DEM?

mikeyjump

• View Profile
Re: DEM export so I can read Altitude (Z, Height) values
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2019, 05:26:20 PM »
if you double click the layer in QGIS, there's a tab for setting the colour palette to be used.
A good way to extract z layers is to use the Profile plugin and add the layer as your values source. You'll then be able to draw a cross section and see the z results from the DEM layer.

mikeyjump

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 05:26:53 PM »
if you double click the layer in QGIS, there's a tab for setting the colour palette to be used.
A good way to extract z values is to use the Profile plugin and add the layer as your values source. You'll then be able to draw a cross section and see the z results from the DEM layer.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 05:28:34 PM »
Hello ai.uavs,

If you wish to read the altitude information from the exported DEM, then it is necessary to use the dedicated GIS applications, sich as QGIS, Global Mapper, ArcGIS. These applications have their own tools to configure the false colors (RGB) representation of the DEM based on the altitude information.
Or upload the DEM to on of the available hosting resources for such data (Metashape supports direct upload for some of them, check Upload option in the File menu).

In case you are interested only in RGB representation of the DEM, like it is displayed in Metashape window, then during the export enable Palette option in the Raster Transform section of the Export DEM dialog. Such "transformed" DEM can be exported to GeoTIFF format to keep the georeferencing and planar scale or saved to JPG.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC