Forum

Author Topic: Black noise (Holes in model)  (Read 2423 times)

darkperson8

• View Profile
Black noise (Holes in model)
« on: August 04, 2019, 09:58:10 PM »
Hello! I'm trying to create a grapefruit model using eighty masked images. When you create a dense cloud, unnecessary black poitns appear,which create noise when you create a mesh. You don't know the reason for that? Thank you in advance.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Black noise
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 10:00:30 PM »
Hello darkperson8,

I think these are not "black points", but the small holes in the dense cloud via which you see the other points. But their normals are inverted and they are displayed with the darker color.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

darkperson8

• View Profile
Re: Black noise
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 10:06:16 PM »
Hello darkperson8,

I think these are not "black points", but the small holes in the dense cloud via which you see the other points. But their normals are inverted and they are displayed with the darker color.
Thank you, I think you're right. But why do these holes appear?

darkperson8

• View Profile
Holes in model
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 08:56:36 PM »
Hello! I'm trying to create a model of an apple using 105 images. When you build a dense cloud at high settings, small holes appear. You don't know the reason? Thanks in advance!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Black noise (Holes in model)
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 05:05:43 PM »
Hello darkperson8,

Have you checked if mesh generated from the dense cloud (if you are using it as a source) does fit your expectations?

The dense cloud is not a uniform grid to the object specifics, camera locations, image quality and some other minor factors, so in some areas the density could be higher while in others it could be lower.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

darkperson8

• View Profile
Re: Black noise (Holes in model)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 11:23:43 PM »
Hello darkperson8,

Have you checked if mesh generated from the dense cloud (if you are using it as a source) does fit your expectations?

The dense cloud is not a uniform grid to the object specifics, camera locations, image quality and some other minor factors, so in some areas the density could be higher while in others it could be lower.
Hello! Thanks for answer. Yes, I checked the mesh.Noise appears in areas where holes are present.