Forum

Author Topic: Safety message  (Read 2538 times)

Dieter

• View Profile
Safety message
« on: August 08, 2019, 12:00:43 PM »
It would be very beneficial if a security prompt ALWAYS appeared when overwriting data.

If I create an ortho image and an already existing one is active, it will be overwritten without a message. >:(

Dieter

• View Profile
Re: Safety message
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 12:45:06 PM »
There are now queries about point clouds or models to be replaced or overwritten, except for the orthophotos.

Please include a corresponding query when creating the orthophotos!

Thank you

Dieter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 04:50:33 PM »
I don't understand the logic behind data overwriting issues.

If I have two 3D models and want to create a new 3D model in one, then a question comes up whether I should replace the existing one. If, on the other hand, I only have one 3D model and calculate a new model, there is no query at all !?

I have overwritten a lot of data with it in the last versions because I forgot to turn ortho photos active off, today I overwritten a complete 3D model with a computing time of several hours.

I ask once again, politely and urgently, to always provide an overwrite of any data with a query as to whether I really want it.

Dieter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 04:27:07 PM »
And again I overwrote data, because there is no security query for the orthomosaics. It's just annoying... >:(

Dieter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 09:27:17 AM »
Thank you very much  ;D

Dieter

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 01:54:05 PM »
I back you on this, Dieter. You are righter than right. The default behavior should be never overwrite, but only if user specifically wants to.

José Martínez
Accupixel & Geobit
Metashape training

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 06:02:34 PM »
In the current version 2.0.2 the confirmation is shown for most of major processing operations: Build Mesh, Build Point Cloud, Build Tiled Model, Build DEM, Build Orthomosaic, if the asset of the same type already exists and multiple assets of the same type are allowed. Also confirmations have been added to commands from the Tools menu that modify the asset of the given type.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC