Forum

Author Topic: GCP Pinning - Photogrammetry mapping  (Read 2402 times)

bgroff

• View Profile
    • Groff Engineering
GCP Pinning - Photogrammetry mapping
« on: September 04, 2019, 03:45:54 AM »
In the prior version of Metashape Pro (1.5.3), I could align my photos, import my markers, and then begin to pin the markers to the ground control points (GCP) in the photos. After the first couple of photos were pinned, the other photos were showing the marker reasonably close.

The current version (1.5.4) does not update the location of the marker relative to the photos as the marker is pinned. Is this a tweak that needs applied? What changed?

rossnixon

• View Profile
Re: GCP Pinning - Photogrammetry mapping
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 07:27:26 AM »
I can't say I've noticed that problem. I pin a marker to a GCP  in two adjacent photos. Then I do that for two more markers. Then I do Update & Optimize Alignment. I guess it depends how close "reasonably close" is to you. Come to think of it, you might be correct - I recall some showing up further away than I expected.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 04:27:37 PM »
Hello bgroff,

The behavior in the latest Metashape version should be similar to the previous one in terms of marker placement. If you are observing any issues, maybe you can send the sample project (with partially placed markers) to us or at least record a video or make a screenshots of your workflow that demonstrates the issue.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

EMS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 01:59:47 AM »
I am having the same problems in 1.5.5 when I bring in the photos an the markers, usually after pinning a few the marker is on the right place on the marker but the latest version it does not work

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 03:19:50 PM »
Hello EMS,

Can you provide a sample project with a few projections placed for the marker or screenshots demonstrating your steps?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bgroff

• View Profile
    • Groff Engineering
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 05:04:35 PM »
Hi. I just want to express my sincere gratitude to the Agisoft team for restoring this feature in Version 1.6.2 build 10247. THANK YOU!  ;D