Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.6.0 pre-release  (Read 162814 times)

regiser

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.6.0 pre-release
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 03:16:47 PM »
Can I put satellite image and aerial image together in one chunk to align them simultaneously?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2019, 05:48:28 PM »
Can I put satellite image and aerial image together in one chunk to align them simultaneously?

Hello regiser,

Such case might be of interest for some users, however, we have not yet tested it and cannot confirm yet. In case you have any sample data that we can use for such matching, please let me know.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

cbnewham

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 11:20:06 PM »
I imagine the sequential selection means it will choose pairs which follow each other in the sequence of photos whereas estimated means it will look for large features across the range of photos for pairing. So I imagine sequential will work faster if you have taken the photos in an orderly way (such as from a drone or, as with me, photographing sculpture in a methodical way working my way around it).

But I could be totally wrong!  :-\  ;D

Dear Agisoft,

Can you explain what's • Added Sequential and Estimated reference preselection modes?

Thanks

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2019, 11:24:48 PM »
I imagine the sequential selection means it will choose pairs which follow each other in the sequence of photos whereas estimated means it will look for large features across the range of photos for pairing. So I imagine sequential will work faster if you have taken the photos in an orderly way (such as from a drone or, as with me, photographing sculpture in a methodical way working my way around it).

But I could be totally wrong!  :-\  ;D

Dear Agisoft,

Can you explain what's • Added Sequential and Estimated reference preselection modes?

Thanks

Thanks cbnewham it might make sense, hope Alexey give us an additional information.

cbnewham

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2019, 11:58:43 PM »
I see the latest version still uses grey ticks for the "aligned" photos.

Would it be possible to make these red or some other bright colour - it's really not obvious what's been aligned and what hasn't and makes going through the images to select and align any unaligned ones after a preselection much more time consuming.

Thanks!

cbnewham

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 08:54:28 AM »
Or, red ticks against those that haven't aligned, which would be even better.

I see the latest version still uses grey ticks for the "aligned" photos.

Would it be possible to make these red or some other bright colour - it's really not obvious what's been aligned and what hasn't and makes going through the images to select and align any unaligned ones after a preselection much more time consuming.

Thanks!

JRM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 09:54:54 AM »
Hi, could we get an how-to on the use of diffuse, normal and ao texture generator ? I have not found how to use them after generation and export them.

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 08:27:16 PM »
I am also testing RPC image processing using Digital Globe 50 cm pan imagery.  This imagery comes with RPC meta information stored in a RPB file instead of normal text file.

Example RPB file attached... It would be great if Metashape could read this format RPB directly avoiding having to manually edit the file to normal RPC txt....
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Mak11

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2019, 10:54:51 PM »
Is there a possibility that you could add more baking map types like Bent Normal maps & Height map ?

Cheers

Mak

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2019, 05:09:03 AM »
Thank you for update! Now RPB files are read correctly in satellite image processing....

I have tested on a pair of Digital Globe images over Tripoli both in pan and MS.

The alignment is fine but:

• for pan imagery, the dense cloud presents many gaps in coverage see attached capture
  • for MS ( 8 band ), the dense does not present great gaps only a regular empty line regularly spaced along model, see 2nd capture

Any  ideas on these issues?

Attached is log file of this processing sequence:

1. load pair of  pan images in chunk Pan;
2. align pair of pan images;
3. load pair of MS images in chunk MS;
4. align pair of MS images;
5. create dense cloud of MS chunk;
6. create dense cloud of Pan chunk.

PS Last Edit I have checked with last release and though the dense cloud generated from Pan chunk presents less gaps, it still has some significant holes in dense coverage...and regularly spaced empty line of data is still present. See last capture...
PS latest update still does not correct partial gaps in dense cloud coverge arising from holes in depth maps
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:53:49 PM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2019, 07:30:23 AM »
Dear support,

working on this Digital Globe Image processing (previous post), my original project was saved as psx file. So i then saved the psx as psz file and found that in this file the average rms reprojection error for pan chunk Tie Points shot up to some 7 000 pixels from avg rms reprojection error of less than 0.5 pixel in original psx...

In attached screen captures, first corresponds to psx file and second to psz....

Something weird is happening here...

Edit.... I have found that in the psz file, opening the Camera Calibration pane, F is shown as 0 instead of 1 in psx....see 3rd attachment

it seems that PSZ format does not keep the RPC calibration data for each camera as in PSX see 4th screen capture with doc.xml from both PSX and PSZ side by side

Latest edit... latest release does save correctly the psz format with all RPC parameters... Thanks for fix!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:15:26 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 04:59:29 PM »
The baking options are very promising (fast)!

You do need to support custom vertex normals for this to be truely useful though (or at least give an option for auto weighting of choice).

Displacemen/Height baking is a must as well as somebody here previously mentioned.

Great update!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2019, 12:48:58 AM »
I am also testing RPC image processing using Digital Globe 50 cm pan imagery.  This imagery comes with RPC meta information stored in a RPB file instead of normal text file.

Example RPB file attached... It would be great if Metashape could read this format RPB directly avoiding having to manually edit the file to normal RPC txt....
Hello Paulo,

I believe in the latest pre-release update the RPB auxiliarry files should be read properly.

As for the gaps, it might be a problem on our side related to the depth maps generation procedure. Are the files that you are using in your example available for public download?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 12:51:09 AM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Paulo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2019, 01:38:00 AM »
Hi Alexey,

thanks for your reply. Yes the RPB input is working fine....

My test was done on Tripoli System-Ready (1B) Stereo, 8-band bundle, 50 cm product, 2015-08-31,  downloaded from http://www.digitalglobe.com/samples....

Have you seen my post on problem with psz file saving RPC calibration data?

Just did another test on Tripoli_View-Ready_Stereo_8_Band_Bundle_30cm product from same date. It is not ideal, it has 2A level processing (crude orthorectify on map projection) while System Ready imagery  has 1B level and is more appropriate IMHO....

Anyway for this test, I did not find any regularly spaced empty lines on Dense cloud... see attachement...maybe size of images being smaller has impact..
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 07:04:35 AM by Paulo »
Best Regards,
Paul Pelletier,
Surveyor

piotrMars

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2019, 11:33:19 AM »
Hello really great realease ....

I try the java binding, on windows 64, some small errors in method visibility but it look like some dependent dll are missing in the windows implementation ... is this the case ?
metashape.dll seems to need other dll ...

Any idea where can I found them ?

Thanks a lot,

Kind regards

Pierre Drap