Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft Metashape 1.6.0 pre-release  (Read 164937 times)

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft Metashape 1.6.0 pre-release
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2020, 02:24:35 AM »
20.1.3 is out today

Tried the new drivers, the system does not lock up anymore but the software stalls and won't continue during the dense cloud creation.  Back to 19.11.1

The latest driver version 20.2.1 is also broken. Stick to 19.11.1

Mak

Photo-Survey-

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2020, 07:13:21 AM »
The latest driver version 20.2.1 is also broken. Stick to 19.11.1

Mak

The latest Radeon Pro SSG drivers work with my Radeon VII, and do not crash.  Version 20.Q1. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 07:30:08 AM by Photo-Survey- »

ashalota

• Forest orthomosaics, long transects (300m agl)
    • View Profile
    • NASA: G-LiHT (Public orthomosaics)
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2020, 07:33:12 PM »
Hi,

I like a lot of the new features in 1.6, especially the basemap (for quick sanity check on orthomosaics) and the code preview in the console.

However, it's been very frustrating having some of the parameters completely change how they work, without any sort of warning. Please keep this in mind with future API changes, for example 'mergeChunks' no longer takes chunks as input, but the chunk index, so it would be good if the function raised an Exception in 1.6 if a list of chunks was given in the first parameter (since clearly the user is thinking of 1.5 API).

The new API python manual also seems to be lacking some instructions that are critical for using the changed parameters.

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2020, 07:52:58 PM »
Yes I would have to say i agree with all the changes that is really confuse me..

When I run to align the photos, there are three to choose from the list.

It would be nice if there is going to be update new version, I prefer to keep the same as previous..

just sayin'

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 28, 2020, 11:05:37 PM »
Hello PROBERT1968,

Source option for the Reference preselection is identical to the Reference preselection from the version 1.5. Other reference preselection options are described in the manual (page 25 - https://www.agisoft.com/pdf/metashape-pro_1_6_en.pdf):
In the Estimated preselection mode the align takes into account the calculated values of the external orientation of the camera. That is, if you have a project with an adjustment performed, the values that were obtained will be taken into account when you run it again.

When using Sequential preselection mode the correspondence between the photos is determined according to the sequence of photos (the sequence number of the image) it is worth noting that with this adjustment, the first with the last picture will also be compared.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC