Forum

Author Topic: GCP assignment_Trimble Inpho vs Agisoft  (Read 2827 times)

M.B.Bayati

• View Profile
    • UAV Mapping services
GCP assignment_Trimble Inpho vs Agisoft
« on: September 08, 2019, 03:52:07 PM »
Please change tme method of marker projection like "Trimble inpho" or "Pix4d Mapper".
Agisoft need, small windows of gcp estimated location and project in own place just with one click like "Trimble Inpho"
Worst of all, you have to double-click on each photo and then introduce the point.

please see this video.
https://yadi.sk/i/eMsd0kNPDdWzHw
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 03:55:43 PM by mbbayati »
Mohammad Bagher Bayati
SkyMap Innovator LLC
www.SkyMap.ir

SAV

• View Profile
Re: GCP assignment_Trimble Inpho vs Agisoft
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 04:07:45 AM »
+1

M.B.Bayati

• View Profile
    • UAV Mapping services
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 09:52:33 AM »
Does an agisoft expert answer these questions or suggestions?

Mr. Alexey Pasumansky ??
Mohammad Bagher Bayati
SkyMap Innovator LLC
www.SkyMap.ir

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 04:22:13 AM »
If you got used to keys pg-up pg-down to browse photos filtered by marker, rather than the double-clic you would see that marking in Metashape is possibly faster than what Inpho shows in the video, not having to move the mouse but just a little bit. In addition the "refine markers" option enabled makes this marking process insanely faster in Metashape than in competitors. That said, I agree it would be nice to have the tiled viewport, not so much for pinning or moving markers, but for reviewing many in a glance.
My biggest complanin in this marking step is that I miss more "intelligence" in mouse behaviour.
1. picking a marker icon requires too much care, and dragging sould have some aids like smart mouse speed (requiring larger mouse movements to drag a marker more precisely)
2. clicking a marker moves it slightly if one clicks slightly out of the center... that is awfull if you dont want to. There is no way to validate the current position in one click.
3. I dislike the markers icon, is gross and inaccurate, distracting and umbalanced, causing some bias in the aim appreciation. The flags and the icon itself should react to mouse cursor proximity or zoom (not only during dragging with left button down), the flag should move apart and the icon turn into something thiner, sharper, cleaner, symetrical... like when dragging, and an auto-loupe feature, like in PTGUI during control point edition would be welcome.

By the way, it is nice to see that users are worried as me about usability and GUI too slow evolution. New themes light and dark are far from being an enhancement in my humble opinion, they are a step backwards... a flaw... but maybe it's just me. It scares me to find the light theme as default since a few releases ago.

Regards
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:04:09 PM by JMR »