Forum

Author Topic: Bad region when using resetRegion()  (Read 2012 times)

DLR-DEV

• View Profile
Bad region when using resetRegion()
« on: September 19, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »
Hello,

if I understand correctly, the region should be set automatically after alignment or when we use chunk.resetRegion()

I do not know how it works but sometimes the region is very smaller than the results of the spare cloud.

In the screenshot, we can see that a big part of the sparse cloud is outside the region, even if i use chunk.resetRegion(). And then, my automatic script will build a dense cloud without this part (+ DEM + Ortho). The bad region calculation will give me partial outputs (bad for me)

What is the criteria used to keep or not some points? I still want to keep out outlier points, but those points are not outlier. How can i keep them automatically?

« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 02:32:17 PM by DLR-DEV »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Bad region when using resetRegion()
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
Hello DLR-DEV,

Probably, the density of the sparse cloud points in the specified area is considerably lower than the average density across the whole region, therefore the points are filtered out as noise.

Does it happen frequently across your projects? If so, I think you can set up the region  according to the camera locations, since you are working with the vertical images.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

DLR-DEV

• View Profile
Re: Bad region when using resetRegion()
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 03:16:46 PM »
Probably, the density of the sparse cloud points in the specified area is considerably lower than the average density across the whole region, therefore the points are filtered out as noise.

You are right, the density is lower in this area. But it's not very low.