Forum

Author Topic: FBX generating issue  (Read 3217 times)

GGR

• View Profile
FBX generating issue
« on: September 26, 2019, 02:48:05 PM »
Hey there !
I'm using a 1.5.4 Metashape professionnal version and I try to generate meshes in fbx format in order to be opened with AutoCAD 2018 (v. O.49.0.0).

My export settings are, local coordinates, no shifting. No cameras, neither markers or normals. Textures in jpeg and the raster encoded in binary encoding.
Because I tryed to open the generated file on CloudCompare or Blender and it worked fine, I wonder if the issue can from Metashape or AutoCAD.

I anyone had a similar problem ?
Best regards
Gabriel

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: FBX generating issue
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 03:41:40 PM »
Hello GGR,

What is the problem when you load the file to AutoCAD? How many polygons are there in the mesh model and what is the resolution of the texture atlas?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GGR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 04:14:00 PM »
Hello Alexey,

Thanks for your reply.

When I import my fbx in AutoCAD, the message "The file cannot be imported because his format isn't supported" pops.
My mesh is not that much big cause it is a 1300k vertices one with a 30k, 4 bands and uint8 texture.
If it may help, I tried to export other meshes in fbx and the result is exactly the same, the format seems to be unsupported.

Thanks by advance.
Best regards
Gabriel

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 05:40:10 PM »
Hello GGR,

Do you have same problems both with binary and plain text export options?

Do you have any tool that may convert an existing FBX to the older FBX format?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

GGR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 11:12:24 AM »
Hello Alexey,

Sorry for the delay.

I followed your advice which was to export my fbx in differents versions (6.1 ascii/binary and 7.5 ascii/binary). The soft I used to do so is FME 2019.1. I also tried to export it with or without local coordinates, but in my opinion it's a deadend. What I noticed so far is 7.5 binary version is not supported on AutoCAD 2018. The 3 others versions are readable, but there is kind of a visualisation problem.

I'm going to contact the AutoCAD support to figure it out. I'll let you know as soon as I'll get info about this.

Regards
Gabriel
Best regards
Gabriel

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 01:44:24 PM »
Hello Gabriel,

If you have any feedback from AutoCAD support regarding the FBX format specifications that are readable by their application, let me know. We could try to implement the related changes in our export.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC