Forum

Author Topic: Error: XML syntax error  (Read 3112 times)

SAV

• View Profile
Error: XML syntax error
« on: October 01, 2019, 04:01:44 AM »
Hi All,

Just a warning about a known bug related to shapes in Agisoft Metashape (as confirmed by Alexey):

Unfortunately, there seem to be a flaw in the way of shape data storage within the Metashape project files. If the number of shapes and their vertices gets too high the corresponding XML file inside the shapes.zip archive gets corrupted and leads to the project open failure. We are aware of the problem, but have not yet implemented an alternative and therefore can only suggest to avoid keeping enormous number of shapes within the single chunk.

--
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky
Agisoft LLC

Most of the time you would not stumble across this problem. But recently I was dealing with a large project where I computed 1m contour lines for an area of 18km2. Everything worked without any problems. I could open, view and export these contour lines. I then saved the project and closed Metashape. When I tried to open the same project the next day, I was greeted by Error: XML syntax error and the project wouldn't load.

Workaround/fix:
Manually edit the doc.xml file for the related frame. Simple remove the line pointing to shapes.zip archive. You can even delete the whole shapes folder the doc.xml is referring to. DONE.

Regards,
SAV

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Error: XML syntax error
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 08:39:44 PM »
Hello SAV,

If you have time, you can check the latest 1.6.0 update and try to reproduce the project corruption with the extraordinary number of shapes.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC