Forum

Author Topic: Find cameras from points in sparse cloud  (Read 1266 times)

cbnewham

• View Profile
Find cameras from points in sparse cloud
« on: October 07, 2019, 04:49:25 PM »
I have had a look through the manual but cannot find how to find a way to see which cameras produced which points in the sparse cloud.

I've not really encountered problems up until now but today I generated a sparse cloud that clearly has a group of points forming a surface intersecting the rest of the correctly generated cloud - so they must have been produced by a group of cameras with bad alignment.

Is there a way I can select some of the errant points and then show the cameras/photos involved?

James

• View Profile
Re: Find cameras from points in sparse cloud
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 05:25:52 PM »
i can't see it in the manual either, but the thing to do is select the tie points in the sparse point cloud 3d view, using the various selection tools (rectangle/circle/freeform/gradual available in the model menu, or via the toolbar icons), and then right-click and choose "Filter photos by tie points" (in the lastest version - i think it was "filter photos by points" in previous versions).

"Filter photos by point" is something else, and just filters using the point at which you right-clicked, which is probably more useful in dense cloud or mesh mode.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:28:00 PM by James »

cbnewham

• View Profile
Re: Find cameras from points in sparse cloud
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 06:46:36 PM »
Thanks James. I will try this out.