Forum

Author Topic: Processing Tips?  (Read 1398 times)

Resourceful

• View Profile
Processing Tips?
« on: October 10, 2019, 07:14:31 PM »
Good morning all!

I am getting a handle on this program, but there are still a few things that get me from time to time.  I am able to create a point cloud, but the model does not capture some of the detail the point cloud captures.  Please see the screen captures of my example.

Any tips on how to properly capture the overhead structure of this bridge for example?  The point cloud did a nice job of it, and it was flown with a double oblique grid, as well as an orbit.

Thanks,

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Processing Tips?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 05:32:44 PM »
Hello Resourceful,

For such kind of structures with the multiple thin elements I can suggest to try the mesh generation using the Depth Maps as a source. If you have time for that, could you please then provide the screenshots of the results (at least a solid mesh view)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Resourceful

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 07:52:25 PM »
I do have time, I will start processing and show the results.  Apparently there are 253 Depth Maps for this one, hopefully that's enough.

Thanks Alexey,

Resourceful

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 12:13:12 AM »
Good afternoon,

Please see the attachments, processed with the recommended settings.  A much better result overall!  A quick question, is there any training available for Metashape?  What we currently have is pretty good as far as manuals and a few out of date examples, but I could benefit from a deep dive to really produce some nice imagery for my customers.

Anyways, there are still a few missing struts on the model, but overall its a night and day difference.  Thanks again Alexey,