Forum

Author Topic: Import of point cloud shifts coordinates  (Read 6444 times)

IWO

• View Profile
Import of point cloud shifts coordinates
« on: October 11, 2019, 04:38:10 PM »
Hey there!

I am having a hard time with im- and export of point clouds not coming from Agisoft (from sea sounding).
I am running Agisoft 1.5.2 build 7838 and wanted to use the nice and easy tools to clean up and decimate a point cloud in Agisoft.

I open an empty project, and import point clouds (LAS and PTS format). The EPSG code for the data is 25832 (ETRS89, zone32).
As soon as I import the points they show up in the model view and I can work with them perfectly, BUT all exports show me, that somehow Agisoft transforms/shifts the point's coordinates randomly.
Means if I directly export the points after importing them (just as a cross-check scenario) all coordinates of the point cloud are slightly, but randomly shifted elsewhere.
So original point coordinates never match the exported coordinates, which is very bad.

I have tried multiple ways of setting the coordinate system to my EPSG code first (prior to any import), or setting everything to local, but nothing prevents Agisoft from somehow transform/change the original coordinates.
I have also inserted one “fake control point” with a known coordinate into my project to see if the corresponding dense cloud point lays at the exact same spot, but they don lay on top of each other either – so I assume already the imported coordinates are transformed/changed/shifted.

So my question is:
Is there a way to stop Agisoft causing any transformation or shifting while importing point clouds or am I doing something wrong? I need the original coordinates untouched!
I like the functions of cleaning up the point clouds and meshes  a lot and especially the decimate mesh function is just great for reducing the number of faces.
Would be very happy to understand what is going on there. :'(

Thank you!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Import of point cloud shifts coordinates
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 05:06:06 PM »
Hello IWO,

Can you please confirm, if you are  observing the same behavior in the latest release version (1.5.5)?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

IWO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 05:25:55 PM »
Hello Alexey,

I have just installed the latest version and tried it - unfortunatelly it shows the exact behavior.
The exported points have different coordinates than the imported althought I haven't done anything.

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 12:38:54 PM »
Hey,

Maybe something to do with this issue?

https://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=11463.0

I posted in general instead of Bug Reports by accident.

IWO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 01:37:33 PM »
Hi!

Any news on this topic?

Best regards!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 02:17:55 PM »
Hello IWO,

Can you please share a small point cloud block that we can use to reproduce the problem - to import it and export back and compare the difference?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

IWO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 02:31:13 PM »
Hello,

I have sent such example data on October 24th via mail.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:39:12 PM by IWO »

dsmapping

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 08:16:06 AM »
Has this been resolved?