Forum

Author Topic: 3D trunk with Photogrammetry  (Read 2110 times)

otenube

• View Profile
3D trunk with Photogrammetry
« on: October 17, 2019, 12:58:06 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to make the video-photogrammetry of the trunk of a tree in 360 degrees, I have done the zig zag scan covering the entire surface, and Metashape is only able to make a piece of the bark of the trunk, why metashape doesn't generate the full model of the trunk in 3D?

bestable

• View Profile
Re: 3D trunk with Photogrammetry
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 01:03:50 PM »
we need to see pictures, of Your input and output...
I have done many trunks without problems.

otenube

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 01:12:30 PM »
I have done many trunks without problems too with Photoscan, but with Metashape it's being a nightmare. Ok, I Will send you pictures

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 02:20:16 PM »
Metashape == Photoscan

otenube

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 10:41:42 AM »
Hello, I send you 2 images, in the first one after making the gradual selection (Reconstruction uncertainty, Reprojection Error, etc.), as you can see there are only the necessary Tie points, and in the second image, building the dense point cloud you can see that Metashape, has made a nonsense...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 10:47:28 AM by otenube »

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 02:02:25 PM »
Is not nonsense. It is quite normal and I seriously doubt that Photoscan would do anything diferent.
If you are just focused on the trunk, I would suggest you to use masks, you can create them lighning fast using a rough arbitrary mesh model created with the filtered sparse cloud. After that goto file import masks from model and apply to all cameras or to a selection... then yo can create a dense cloud.
But I would also suggest you to try meshing from deptmaps right after alignment without building the dense cloud (unless your only interest is the dense cloud).
Regards
Geobit