Forum

Author Topic: Activation problem: Ubuntu 12.10  (Read 4866 times)

Hlawktir

• View Profile
Activation problem: Ubuntu 12.10
« on: April 06, 2013, 09:48:43 PM »
Hi,

I hope I chose the right forum for my question ^^
I recently purchased an educational license for PhotoScan and activated PhotoScan on my laptop under Windows 7. As I have a dualboot configuration with Windows and Ubuntu I also wanted to use the license for PhotoScan under Ubuntu 12.10. But it's not possible to activate the software in Ubuntu 12.10: After entering the code it's not possible to click on the OK-button (it stays greyed out).
Is it something Ubuntu-specific? Do I have to install the software under Ubuntu in a special way (the Demo works flawlessly)?
Or is the license just for one computer and one OS (remember, Windows and Ubuntu are on the same machine)? If so, is there any possibility to deactivate (if necessary) the copy in Windows and activate it in Ubuntu - depending on which OS I'm currently using?

Thx in advance ;)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Activation problem: Ubuntu 12.10
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 11:17:47 PM »
Hello Hlawktir,

Please make sure you have downloaded PhotoScan edition that corresponds to your license (Standard or Professional).
Another possible problem a typo when you are entering the license code - note that there could not be any "zeros" but only letters "O".
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Hlawktir

• View Profile
Re: Activation problem: Ubuntu 12.10
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 12:08:43 PM »
Hi Alexey,

thank you for your rapid answer! You were right: I downloaded the DEMO of the Professional edition. I thought that the Demo was the same for Standard and Professional edition and that by entering the code you would automatically get the right edition.
I now installed the Demo of the Standard edition and the activation process was successful ;)
(one hint for other users: when I tried to activate the Standard edition the first time, it said that "administration rights" were required to activate the software --> so i restarted the software with sudo and activated it and everything went fine - if you don't activate the software at least once with sudo rights, you will have to reenter the activation code every time you start the software).

Thx to Alexey and the AgiSoft team for this great piece of software!