Forum

Author Topic: Image Dataset of Full Body 88 images for 3D Scan  (Read 23010 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Image Dataset of Full Body 88 images for 3D Scan
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 09:37:42 PM »
Yes, detect markers is available in Pro only. But you can try to optimize the alignment even in Standard edition.

I've used that due to the workflow description on the model's page on Sketchfab:
Import

Align -> Detect Markers -> Align 2 times

Set reconstruction region around the subject.

Reconstruction : Normal

Close Holes -> Clean Model

Simplify -> Smooth

And I have removed any trimming radius related tweaks prior to the processing the mesh. Used pre-release of 1.6.0 though.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Mak11

• View Profile
Re: Image Dataset of Full Body 88 images for 3D Scan
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2019, 09:46:33 PM »
Yes, detect markers is available in Pro only. But you can try to optimize the alignment even in Standard edition.

I've used that due to the workflow description on the model's page on Sketchfab:
Import

Align -> Detect Markers -> Align 2 times

Set reconstruction region around the subject.

Reconstruction : Normal

Close Holes -> Clean Model

Simplify -> Smooth

And I have removed any trimming radius related tweaks prior to the processing the mesh. Used pre-release of 1.6.0 though.

Yes, missing the detect markers feature doesn't seem to be that big of an issue here.

BTW I'm testing on Build 1.6.0 build 9217.

The fact that the algorithm still insists on creating unwanted polys when there isn't enough depth data is still the most annoying thing ever...I would literately be happy with a simple hole in the mesh (or how it was handled pre-1.5.1) instead  of this mess which is a real pain to clean up afterwards in 3DCoat/Zbrush. 

Cheers

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 09:48:52 PM by Mak11 »