Forum

Poll

How can I rotate e georefernenced model?

rotate model
0 (0%)
correct model position
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2019, 02:42:55 PM

Author Topic: rotate a georeferenced model  (Read 3556 times)

ioannitiko

• View Profile
rotate a georeferenced model
« on: October 17, 2019, 02:42:55 PM »
Good day to everyone,

I will need your help...
I have created the model of a marble architectural member of an ancient building. I took with my total station various point on it and I have a very good result with high accuracy. The problem is that the member was not in horizontal position so my ortho are wrong. How can I rotate my model in order to acheive the correct orho of the model? Until now I was sending to Rhino the result but I loose a lot of quality of the image. The orthos of photoscan are much better and that is why I want to keep working on that. Thank you a lot!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: rotate a georeferenced model
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 03:09:08 PM »
Hello ioannitiko,

You can generate the orthomosaic using Planar projection option, so instead of rotating the model, you can define a different projection plane.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ioannitiko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »
That was a great help Alexey and thank you...
Now I have another issue...When I bring the ortho to autocad as an image is not exactly of the correct size. I mean physicaly the member is 32 cm long, and this is the same misure that photoscan gives me with the ruler. With scale to 1 and correct metric system the member goes to 34.2 cm...why is that happening? the projection plane is parallel to the plane that I make the measurement...

Costas

• Aerial Mapping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »
Hello Ioannitiko.

When exporting Orthophoto choose to also export a World File (.tfw) This file will have the information to properly georeference and scale the image.

AutoCad cannot read the world file but there is a free LISP that can do that. The name of the LISP is GEOREFIMG

Once you have the Lisp the procedure is:

- Insert Raster image in Autocad (in any place you like and do not bother about scale)
- Run the lisp with the command -->  GEOREFIMG
- Select the picture and press Enter

This way the Orthophoto will go to the correct coordinates and in the correct scale.

ioannitiko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 10:27:09 AM »
thank you kostas! that was also very helpfull!