Forum

Author Topic: Depth Map only created for small portion of Chunk  (Read 1532 times)

Ramps

• View Profile
Depth Map only created for small portion of Chunk
« on: October 18, 2019, 06:54:05 AM »
Hey Guys  (Alexey)
Sorry if this has come up as different title (I did numerous searches)

What I'm getting is a contiguous set of photos aligning, this makes up about 25-30% of the images.  After forcing the others into alignment MetaShape will will only produce the depth map and hence ortho image for the initially aligned 30% of images. (See attached screengrab)

I have had them all aligned and  DPC's created (but vegetation was showing to be about 30% true ht, hence the reprocessing)  and orthos created (which looked great but shifted about 1m from the current processing) for the entire chunk previously.  I've also had a different contiguous area of the chunk previously working.  I cannot get the entire chunk to process now.

The data:

I have a set of 284 images from a DJI Phantom 4 Pro

This set as from about a year ago when the firmware was causing an issue with the heights ... like 81m below sea level ... I feel that because I could breathe and that the the phantom was still flying at 25 m above my head that DJI had it wrong (Thanks DJI)

I have incorporated the scripts by Alexey which utilises the relative height then added 10m for the approx launch height  ASL

I normally script all my work but with this set of data due to not including all the images I have been running thru the GUI

Hardware:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8-core 3.7GHz, 64GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2080

Is it something obvious that I've overlooked?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Depth Map only created for small portion of Chunk
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 03:23:33 PM »
Hello Ramps,

According to the screenshot the bounding box is not containing the complete area. Actually, the bounding box (region) in the Model view defines the reconstruction area for depth maps, dense cloud, mesh, tiled model, DEM and orthomosaic.

Since not all the images have been aligned from the first try, you need to run Reset Region command after completing the alignment and optimizing the results, if necessary.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Ramps

• View Profile
Re: Depth Map only created for small portion of Chunk
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 06:59:10 AM »
How embarrassing
Thought it was something simple
All good after that simple reset
Thanks Alexey