Forum

Author Topic: thermal single channel  (Read 2329 times)

3DWinter

• View Profile
thermal single channel
« on: November 05, 2019, 05:34:59 AM »
I searched the forum and to my astonishment, I could not find any precedent to my question.
I mosaiced successfully thermal .tif files, which I believe were a single channel. But for some reason when I export an ortho, I gent a tif file that has three channels. Is there a way to export only one channel (the first)? Also, is there away to check how many channels does Metashape see?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: thermal single channel
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 03:50:40 PM »
Hello 3DWinter,

What is the input format of the data, which data type you see for the images and orthomosaic in Workspace pane?

You can check the bands that are detected by Metashape via Raster Transform dialog from Tools Menu. Also using this dialog you can define only single band output (should be used in combination with Raster Transform -> Index Value in the Export Orthomosaic dialog).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

3DWinter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 12:04:15 AM »
In the Workspace,  it is unclear how does Metashape read the Camera thermal tiff files. But under Orthomosaic it is stated as a "1 bands, uint 16"

In Tools, there is Set Raster Transform Pallete which leads to the Raster Calculator,  and Color Palette, I don't think you meant that!?
But under Tools, there is also Set Primary Channel, and I can choose between Default and Channel 1- LWIR, is that what you meant?

I am confused!
When you write ". Also using this dialog you can define only single band output (should be used in combination with Raster Transform -> Index Value in the Export Orthomosaic dialog)." do you mean the Set Raster Transform?

I am using Metashape 1.5.5

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »
Hello 3DWinter,

Which export parameters and export format you are using to save this orthomosaic?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

3DWinter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 05:23:47 AM »
Ok, problem resolved.

ArcMap has interpreted the alpha channel which was selected by accident as the second channel, in RGB, as the G. Somehow other tools like rasterio did not make that mistake.

thanks for the help.