Forum

Author Topic: Blending Modes for generating orthomosaics  (Read 2347 times)

ParkerDevine

• View Profile
Blending Modes for generating orthomosaics
« on: November 07, 2019, 09:28:52 PM »
Can anyone provide me with more information on the blending modes for generating orthomosaics? Specifically, how is the high frequency component weighted against  pixel values from all other images in average blending mode? Is this weight standard or does it change project to project?

I'm also wondering how the default mosaic blending mode works.

The manual reads:
Mosaic (default) - implements approach with data division into several frequency domains
which are blended independently. The highest frequency component is blended along the seamline
only, each further step away from the seamline resulting in a less number of domains being subject
to blending.

From my understanding, "high frequency domains" refer to the fine-detail component of a group of images, and the "lower frequency domains" are the larger segments across seam lines that have less fine detail. I'm assuming the photos are first blended within their domain, then the domains are blended together at different steps away from the seam line.

I feel like this is an incomplete/ mistaken interpretation, so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

darkl1ght

• View Profile
Re: Blending Modes for generating orthomosaics
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »
Hi,

Any updates on this?